The time has come where people wouldn’t want to let go of their smartphones – no matter what. Why bother, when you have the Remote Web desktop Full. The app lets you access your phone through your computer, just in case you don’t feel like getting up from the chair in front of your PC to check text messages. Ah yes, we are getting lazier by day, thanks to the wonder called technology.
How (Good) the App Works
Basically, the app lets you connect your computer and your smartphone; yes it only works on rooted devices. The first time you start up the app, you will be given an introduction to what all the app can do and how the app does it. As found by folks at AndroidPit, here’s something you need to know.
- A computer client isn’t necessary in order to access the phone; you can just enter an IP address and the two devices will connect.
- There is a sort of desktop called DroidTop, with more features and options such as Messaging, WiFi Keyboard(to write texts using a keyboard hooked up to your computer) and WebCam( the smartphone serves as your webcam). You can even select whether the front or back camera is to be used and whether you want to allow access to providers such as Skype or Google.
- The menu has three columns: Web Desktop to connect your smartphone and computer, FTP Server to set up a server, and App Manager which lists purchased apps.
- The FTP Server is stable and efficient, but it isn’t a full spectrum FTP server. The File Exporter can be used instead of the FTP server to transfer data easily.
- Lows include security. You can secure a network using a password, which isn’t foolproof. SMS syncing is a bit slow as well.
The Android app is fast, fluid and does its job pretty well. Must-have for root users. Which mobile phone are you testing this on?